IHS is seeking qualified caring individuals to assist the homeless of Oahu. If you want to make a difference in Hawaii’s community, IHS is the employer for you. IHS offers competitive wages and benefits including paid vacations and 401(k).
We currently have openings for:
All candidates: As a condition of employment, all applicants must meet requirements of the particular position and agree to a pre-employment drug test, TB test, criminal background check, reference check, credentialing process, and medical assessment if it is job applicable.
Applicants may apply in person, or send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Attn: Workforce Excellence/HR
350 Sumner St
Honolulu, HI 96817
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or PDF only) or Fax: (808) 537-2697
Fillable Employment Application
Fillable Voluntary Self Identification
IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Employer of National Service, and maintains a Drug & Alcohol-free Workplace.
Duties listed are not all inclusive.
Responsibilities: Provide support to the Agricultural Specialist in maintaining and caring for equipment and tools needed to perform daily agriculture tasks with the help of guests and volunteers. Prepare and assist with pre-vocational and vocational skills training for guests. Maintain cleanliness of all IHS properties but not limited to, the Rooftop Garden area, Kaaahi perimeter garden, Sumner perimeter garden and Vet House garden of vegetables, fruits and landscaping. Care for seeds and plan for and/or rotate crops as necessary for optimum harvesting.
Requirements: Associate or Bachelors in agriculture and/or two years of agricultural farming Aquaculture/Aquaponics/Hydroponics experience preferred but not required. Working knowledge of urban farming and agricultural methods including cultivation, weed control, seeding and planting of vegetables, fruits and other foliage. Experience working with homeless and/or disenfranchised individuals preferred. Must have strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills. Computer proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel. Able to work independently and collaboratively, detail oriented with ability to follow instructions, and think creatively. Able to uphold confidentiality of persons served and plan/prioritize work appropriately.
To perform day-to-day duties of both non-confidential and confidential nature that supports the Human Resources department. This includes:
- Maintain HR Bulletin boards
- Collate and analyze HR data for reporting
- Assist with recruitment process to include pre-screening, setting appointments, reference checks and follow up with candidates
- Perform administrative functions (filing, creating correspondence with internal and external customers)
- Other HR duties as assigned
- Be detail oriented, dependable and reliable
- Outgoing excellent communicator with friendly demeanor
- Self-motivated, willing to learn
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to follow directions and think creatively
- Minimum time commitment – 20-24 hours per week with a paid stipend through December 2015
- Hours are flexible but a set schedule is preferred between the hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri.
- Start Date: August 1, 2015