IHS provides a fantastic in vivo training opportunity for students working in the fields of health, social work, and non-profit management, including human resources, communications, and development. The agency operates two facilities that are open 24/7 — making scheduling very flexible.
Qualified individuals may apply to do their internship/practicum at IHS.
- All intern candidates must complete an application
- Initial telephone or personal interview with intern supervisor to review the student’s syllabus and course objectives and requirements
- Provide evaluation criteria and method (if a student)
- Attend an orientation (1 – 1 ½ hours)
- Make a minimum of a 3-month commitment
- Submit a TB test or chest x-ray if working in the Meal Program